What keeps your children engaged during holidays? It is needless to say that kids learn drawing and coloring to keep them active and entertained. And this is the best way to upgrade your children’s artistic knowledge and coloring skills. However, kids must learn to draw an image effectively to give a realistic feel to the thing or an object they are drawing. The most preferred theme for kids to draw is the animals. What comes to mind when children hear about the animal theme? Lions definitely come to mind as they are the most powerful and one of the most majestic animals in the world. They are also called the King of the Jungle. Kids enjoy drawing and coloring lions with great zeal.
Kids love to visit a zoo or national park to see lions. They like to see them in real life or on television. Before giving lion drawing tasks to kids, they must learn how to draw a lion. Sometimes, little ones might find it challenging to draw lions on paper. Therefore, you need to give step-by-step instructions to teach them drawing. Using these instructions, kids can draw lions easily. Learning to draw enables children to enhance their creativity skills. Moreover, they develop hand-eye coordination skills for better writing and drawing experience.
Lions belong to the family of cats and consist of sharp teeth and claws used for attacking their prey. They are carnivorous animals, and their offspring are called cubs. You can teach kids to draw lions in different ways, for example, sitting, hunting, eating, or walking. Besides this, they can also learn to draw a cub and the face of the lion on paper. In this way, kids tend to draw different shapes, patterns, and intricate designs on the body of the lion effectively. You need to provide kids with the necessary drawing tools to teach them how to draw a lion easily.
Table of Contents
Step-by-step Instructions on How to Draw a Lion
Are you looking for easy stepwise instructions for kids to draw lions? Here are simple steps to learn how to draw a lion for the kids mentioned below.
- Step 1: Draw a small circle on paper to give the appearance of the lion’s head.
- Step 2: Draw two tiny circles and arcs for the eyes and nose of the lion.
- Step 3: Draw an oval-shaped body of the lion attached to its head.
- Step 4: Draw two tiny leaf-like structures on the left and right sides of the head to give an appearance of the lion’s ears.
- Step 5: Draw a zig-zag circle around the head of the lion to give an appearance of the lion’s hair.
- Step 6: Draw a pair of elongated loops on the right sides of the body for the lion’s leg.
- Step 7: Draw another pair of elongated loops on the left sides of the body for another pair of lion’s legs.
- Step 8: Draw a long loop below and to the left side of the lion’s body to give an appearance of the tail.
- Step 9: Finally, color the image of the lion on paper using crayons or watercolor paints.
Tips for Teaching How to Draw a Lion for Kids
A few tips for teaching drawing tutorials to learn how to draw a lion are mentioned below.
- Provide simple instructions for kids to learn drawing.
- Give clear instructions on how to draw a lion more simply.
- Assist kids if they find it difficult to draw specific shapes or patterns of the lion.
- Provide different themes of the lions for kids to draw. For example, eating, sleeping, walking, or hunting lions.
Benefits of Learning How to Draw a Lion
Drawing activity is one of the best extracurricular activities at home or in the classroom. Kids choose animals as their favorite theme in most of their drawing activities. Besides drawing lions, kids take up the cat, dog, baby shark, fish drawing, etc. With these themes, kids learn to draw and learn about animals efficiently. The benefits of learning how to draw a lion for kids are mentioned below.
- It helps little ones draw lines, shapes, patterns, and other intricate designs on the lions effectively.
- It develops fine motor and cognitive skills in children.
- It enhances creativity and visualization skills in children.
- It enables children to learn about lions, their habitats, eating habits, offspring, and how they attack their prey.
- It keeps children active and engaged in drawing for an extended period of time.
- It increases children’s concentration while drawing the lion.
- It develops artistic and creative skills in children.
- It teaches children to show compassion towards the animal.